Bournemouth University’s Press and Public Relations Office is the first and central point of contact for all media enquiries.
In addition to the media, we also liaise with a wide range of people and groups interested in the University’s diverse activities including employers, students, graduates, politicians and the local community.
Press and PR works very closely with print, online and broadcast journalists, reporters and producers to provide a range of services and information, including:
- Helping journalists access the right academic expert to provide up-to-date commentary in a wide range of specialist subjects – download BU’s Media Directory (PDF – 1.5mb)
- Answering requests for academics to provide expert commentary on topical issues
- Providing guest editorials that reflect the University’s areas of enterprise and expertise
- Generating news-making stories on ground-breaking research with societal impact
- Interesting student activities and graduate achievements
- Sourcing photographs and other materials to support University editorial
- ISDN link for radio – Bournemouth University has a dedicated ISDN connection with mixer and microphone to facilitate broadcast quality interviews directly from our Talbot Campus. To make use of this facility, please contact the Press and PR team
- Follow the BU Newshound on Twitter for more news and informed comment from Bournemouth University.
Tel: 01202 963555
Mobile: 07703 607430
Publications, logos and images
Each year, BU produces a number of corporate publications which are coordinated through the Press and PR Office and our Communications team. Current electronic publications include the Annual Review and Accounts and our Vision and Values.
Printed copies of University publications such as Annual Reports, Prospectuses, Course Leaflets, Student Magazines, etc – are available upon request.
We can also help if you require a BU logo or an image of a member of staff or research project. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the personal email addresses above.